The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner provides treatment for patients with psychiatric illnesses along the lifespan in an outpatient setting. Treatment includes assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, and evaluating the patient care among a multi-disciplinary team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to and initiates care for those requiring mental health services throughout Bayless care continuum.
- Identifies patient mental health problems and prescribes treatment.
- Implements mental health services utilizing therapeutic regimens.
- Provides mental health education to patients, healthcare and medical staff.
- Provide health/behavioral health assessment (including differential diagnoses, prognosis), treatment recommendations and treatment planning for clients across program types.
- Provide medication management for clients on medication and intermittent reassessment (as needed) for those assessed (but not on medication). Medication provision includes the direct delivery of injectables.
- Provide counseling, brief therapy, psychoeducation about health/behavioral health and other care for clients as planned by the treatment team and to support the treatment plan of the client.
- Participate in case reviews and contribute to treatment planning goal setting.
- Provide consultations to non-medical staff on complex cases.
- Communicate with health care providers outside of the agency and interpretation of health results for client care planning.
- Support the Mission, Vision, and Values of Agape Family Health (AFH) Participate in QI related activities, with a focus on providing quality care and closing care gaps
- Is accountable to ensure patient rights and ensures an environment that promotes the privacy, dignity, and well-being of all patients in a safe, secure environment Supports and participates in common teamwork
- Promote positive public relations with patients, visitors, and community Effectively and efficiently completes all duties as assigned
- Adhere to all HIPAA, State, Federal, accreditation agency, HRSA and TFHC rules and regulations
- Customer Service Standards: Support co-workers and engage in positive interactions
- Communicate professionally and timely with internal and external customers
- Demonstrate friendliness by smiling and making eye contact when greeting all customers
- Provide helpful assistance in anticipating and responding to the needs of our customers
- Collaborate with customers in planning and decision making to result in optimal solutions
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and deal effectively with difficult situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing and a nurse practitioner master’s degree with focus on psychiatric nursing
- Must be certified as a PMHNP Three to five years’ clinical experience preferred
- Must have a valid DEA Number and unrestricted license in Florida
- An unrestricted license to practice as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the state of Florida
- Must have fluency in documenting into an electronic medical record
- Must have active CPR and First Aid certifications
- Strong project management skills, including complex projects resulting in measurable program growth
- Ability to work with persons from a wide diversity of social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to delegate Critical thinking Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to navigate and enter data into an electronic health record
- Delivery of customer service consistent with organizational standards
(X = Required for job)
X Typing/computer keyboard
X Verbal communication
X Utilize computer software (specified above)
X Written communication
X Retrieve and compile information
X Public speaking/group presentations
X Maintain records/logs X Research, analyze and interpret information
X Verify data and information
X Investigate, evaluate, recommend action
X Organize and prioritize information/tasks Leadership and supervisory, managing people
X Operate office equipment
X Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)
X Advanced mathematical concepts (fractions, decimals, ratios, percentages, graphs)
X Abstract mathematical concepts (interpolation, inference, frequency, reliability, formulas, equations, statistics)
(X = Required for job)
X Sitting for extended periods
X Lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds various items
X Standing for extended periods Lifting/carrying more than 20 pounds various items
X Extended periods viewing computer screen
X Repetitive Motions
X Reading X Bending/Stooping
(X = Required for job)
X Normal office environment
X Electrical current
Toxic or caustic chemicals
Housekeeping and/or cleaning agents
Flammable, explosive gases
Proximity to moving mechanical parts